Friday, March 02, 2012

Lost Found.

It has been an interesting week - so many things happening.  Good things.  Really, really good things.  I've been enjoying conversations with lots of mamas who are preparing to go rescue their babies.

"What kind of gifts should we get the nannies?!"

"Can I buy baby clothes in Kiev?!"

"What's the deal with boys wearing tights?!"

I love it.  I get so excited when I see a new email from one of these mamas.  Because a part of me is still in Ukraine - and when I get to talk about it, I feel like I'm back there.  I know, it seems crazy.  It's just a strange, unexplainable feeling.  Jake asked me the other night if I wanted to go back.  Yes.  Yes, yes, yes. Not now.  Maybe not to adopt.  

Oh, how I want to go back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

One of those mamas has been on an emotional roller coaster the past few days.  Originally, her family committed to a boy whom they have since found out is not available.  It stinks.  I'm sure the pain and frustration is unbearable.  

I talked about 'bridge babies' in this post.  We knew this was a possibility with Carter...but obviously, everything worked out for us.  

But sometimes it doesn't work out.  And sometimes, parents need to walk that wobbly, scary, rickety bridge from the child they thought was theirs, to the child that really is theirs.  

This family's bridge led them right to Berezka.  To Kiev.  To Carter's old home.   

This family has committed to bring home Chandler.  We think that Chandler is in Carter's groupa.  There's quite an age difference - so we're not certain.  Time will tell :)  


Chandler has a mommy & daddy working so hard to get to him.  Would you visit their blog?  Follow their journey?  I know I can't wait to see them there, holding this little boy in their arms.  

Pray.  Give.  This is what it's about, church!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In a few months, we'll be celebrating Carter's birthday.  I'm already planning - because planning is what I do :)  

Well, for an orphan - there are no birthdays.  There are no celebrations.  And that just breaks this mama's heart.  

You've seen sweet Lily here before - I've shown her photo and pointed you to this blog, where you can purchase really cute crocheted items, with 100% donated to Lily.  


The girls @ 'Handiwork for Lily' are having a little birthday shindig for Lily.  She may not know right now - but I hope that someday, she'll have a mama that can tell her all about it.  

A mama.  That's the goal for Lily.  Not to raise a few bucks, but to raise awareness - and hope that her mama might see her little face and fall in love.  

Visit the blog - and share it on your own blog.  I've said it before - you never, never know who is reading your blog...and you just don't know who Lily's mama might be.  

++++++++++++++++++++++++

One more thing.  There is a sweet family in China right now who we happen to just love!  They are so, so close to bringing Caleb home for good.  If you haven't been following along, you need to at least go see his adorable face.  Really, he's a doll.  

You might also want to check out the photos that Juli posted from the foster home they visited.  Yes, she has pictures.  Of beautiful, precious kids.  Some of them are waiting for families...!  Maybe they're waiting for you?!  Go look - it's worth a peek, for sure.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

That's it for tonight.  Little boy is tucked in bed, and Jake and I are about to lounge on the couch with some ice cream.  

Hope your weekend is fabulous.  I'm looking forward to a mommy's day out tomorrow...!  

One Thing I Know For Sure: Don't be distracted by the fluff at the end of my post.  Pray.  Donate.  Share.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you soo much for blogging about Lilly Ash! We really appreciate it! I'll be sure to add you to the giveaway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just meet Michelle over the past month through blogging she was bringing home b the love I have prayed for over a year. I am so saddened by all that has happened but gods will Will be.done.even though it may not have been our plan. Sometimes its hard to let go and think about his plan. Carter is such a doll can't wait for their journey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...