Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lucy.

It's officially official...Lucy has a real family.  I posted about her here yesterday.


You don't even know how it blesses my heart to know that this girl will be home in just a few months.

You don't know what it's like to fall in love with this girl's Reece's Rainbow photo.

You don't know what it's like to then find out that she's in your son's groupa.

You don't know what it's like to see her smiling face, day after day.

You don't know what it's like to have to leave her there.

You don't know what it's like to pray every night that this girls family would come for her.

You don't know what it's like to get an email that says 'Lucy might have a family coming...!'.

You don't know what it's like.

Okay, well - maybe you do.

But I've gotta say, it's pretty darn great.

I set up a blog for this family today...please visit by clicking HERE :)  Follow their blog...support them throughout their journey.  Leave them encouraging comments.

You don't even know how important that is.

They are days away from heading to Eastern Europe.  DAYS away.  They need your prayers, above anything else.

But also - they need more funds.  Adding Lucy, of course, added to their 'grand total'.  Adding Lucy was a step of faith.  They obeyed, and now they're trusting.  Trusting God to provide the rest of the funds.

Is God speaking to you?  If you gave even $10 towards their adoption, they would be hugely blessed.  What a beautiful Christmas gift for Lucy!  To donate, click here.  It's super easy...even if you've never done it before.

Early in our process, a sweet mama emailed me with some posts that she had done about Carter.  Her family had donated to Carter's Angel Tree funds for two years - and her kids said "We're helping this boy buy his parents!".

Well - Lucy doesn't want toys for Christmas.  She wants a mama and a daddy.  Please - donate.  Help this girl 'buy some parents'!!

One Thing I Know For Sure: Visit.  Donate.  PRAY!




10 comments:

  1. We have done all three!!!!! Merry Christmas sweet Lucy girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, it is a super wonderful idea to encourage people to purchase children and simultaneously support awful corrupt orphan manufacturing systems!!! And then try to get others to pay for it when you cannot even be bothered to save up the $$$ yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roxy! I had a feeling I'd get a comment from you on this! I'd be interested to know what you think the alternative would be? To let these children rot and die in institutions? Is that better than fueling corruption (which will be present whether we adopt or not). Really - I'm interested to know your take on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am visiting your blog from the Jacobson's new blog. So wonderful to see how you prayed for Lucy! She is such a precious little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be interested in Roxy's take as well? There will always be unwanted children, abused and neglected children. There will always be people having kids who shouldn't. There will always be people who desperately want a child and who are unable. Thankfully, there will always be people wanting nothing more then to adopt unwanted children. You need to take a walk through an orphanage of unwanted children in metal cribs lined up one after the other. You need to look at their expressionless faces. They didn't ask for that kind of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now that I've looked at a little bit more of your blog, I have to say...Carter is adorable!!!! Congratulations on your precious new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One thing I know for sure: People with thoughts like Roxy's make me sick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I'm a friend of Sarah...the one who wrote you up above. :) She had set up a few fundraisers for Lucy....so we are SO EXCITED to see she has a family! Woohoo! And now I've been looking around at your blog, and I LOVE IT!!! I really need to go get the kiddos ready for school....but I am finding it hard to tear myself away from reading "just one more post." :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know you, Ashley, & I don't know the Jacobsons (I am a cousin of Beth in California), but I was happy to make a small donation to the fund for Lucy & the boys after reading your post. I hope that for every closed mind like Roxy's, that there are ten open hearts to help bring kids like Carter, Livvy & Lucy home to loving families.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...