Monday, July 25, 2011

Odds & Ends...

A few odds & ends from the week...

+++++++++++++++

Fingerprinting is DONE...it was a total breeze.  Our appointment was for 11:00am - we got there at 10:30, and were back in the car by 10:55.  Then we thought....we're all the way here in Milwaukee, we might as well do something fun!  So we spent the rainy, dreary day walking around at the Milwaukee Public Museum.  It was so fun, just having nothing to do!!  But let me tell you...I'd love to get my hands on some of those exhibits!  That place could really use some updating.  A girl and her cricut could do amazing things there :)  (Have no idea what a cricut is?  Check it out here - it's a must for any paper craft crazy person....but, it also cuts vinyl, and even fondant for cake decorating!!).  Anyhow....back to our fingerprinting.  It's over...it went well...and we're soooo done!!  Woo!

+++++++++++++++

Realizing that we're done with all the paper chasing...my mind has moved to other things.  I've been organizing like crazy...even though every item in our house is already in it's own place.  I just have this feeling of "I have to have a perfect home now - because once Carter comes home, it may never be perfect again..." or something like that.  I'm a little frantic with my cleaning lately.  I guess you could say I'm nesting.  Or being completely obsessive.  Take your pick.

+++++++++++++++

We had the privilege of attending & photographing a really special event on Saturday.  Our dear sweet friends, Les & Linda Moore celebrated 40 years of marriage...and they had a beautiful vow renewal ceremony.





They've been at our church & a part of our family for a very short time.  But it feels like we've known them forever.  These are good, good people.  They love each other like crazy.  After 40 years, Linda still gets giggly when Les is around.





I can't even tell you how good they are to us.  They take care of us.  They love us.  They support us.  They are so, so good to us.  Being a part of the Pastor's Family - we need people like this.  These people are so special to us.

"All the glory goes to God" Les would say.  I can hear it now.

That's the kind of people they are.  Givers, not takers.  Supporters, not criticizers.  Friends.  No - family.  We really love these people.  And their celebration this weekend was such an encouragement to Jake & I.  We can see how they raised their kids to love God, how they nurtured their marriage in God's love, and how they serve God even today.  I guess it really is all about Him.

"All the glory goes to God"....I guess Les is right.


And of course, it wouldn't be a celebration without some dance floor fun...

Of course, the ymca :)
Too much fun!





Lee & Amy sure know how to have fun....LOVE it!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++

Alright.  That about wraps it up.  And I'm sure there's cleaning & organizing to be done somewhere.  I'm thinking Jake's sock drawer needs a re-vamp.

Who am I kidding...Jake doesn't even have a sock drawer.  I've got my work cut out for me.

One Thing I Know For Sure: After 40 years...I want to be giggly (no, not jiggly) when Jake walks in the room.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey, the shades look great on you!!!

    And really...if you EVER run out of things to organize, I know a family with 7 kids that is in desperate, DESPERATE need of some organizing...either that or their mom just needs time to organize! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley.. I am so happy things are coming together and soon you and Jake will be bringing Carter home. My brother and I love our shirts! You should be receiving something for Carter in the next couple of days... hope u like it! Love in Christ, Stacy Fain

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...