Monday, July 18, 2011

The Grand Total...

Yes - we're sharing our grand total from Friday's benefit on our blog.

At first, I wasn't going to.  It just didn't seem like the right place.

But then I thought - heck no!  God's gonna be glorified.  It's not about how much 'we' raised - it's about what God did.  It's about Him - and only Him.

So don't read this total, and think 'good job Jake & Ash!' or 'way to go, benefit team!' - it's not about us, or anything we did.

It's all about Him.






Do you know what that means?  We are fully funded.  100%.

And we are DONE fundraising!  Whew!

God is so good...it still hasn't sunk in that He's provided everything for us.

We are COMING Carter!  Very soon!!

THANK YOU to each and every person that donated items - gave money - bid on items - donated time - each and every one of you have a stake in this.  You're all a part of Carter's journey.  THANK YOU for standing with us.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

In other adoption news...we're finishing up our notarizing today, and we'll be faxing items to Carter's country to be approved tomorrow.  This is the LAST of the paperwork.  After this....no more!  I can hardly believe it.  Since April, this has been our number one focus - getting this mountain of paperwork moved.  Well - now it's moved.  And we can breathe.

Very soon, we'll be sending all of this to get apostilled, and then - hopefully in a few weeks time - we'll be sending our dossier (all that paperwork) to Carter's country!!

This is all becoming so real.  My knees are knocking a bit, to be honest.  We were with Jill B. and her family the other day (Elijah & Jonathan's mommy)...and she was giving us her money belts (wait - we have to do WHAT with these?!) and her power converters & adapters, along with some Russian Language books and brochures....wow.  This is really happening, people.  Wow.


One Thing I Know For Sure:  $21,046?  Never thought it was possible.


13 comments:

  1. WOW!! That is AMAZING!!!!!


    Just curious ... will you be USCIS approved for 2? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ash tears of joy for you. He truly does provide!! Oh and michelle love your curiosity :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOO!!!!!!! That is awesome! Praising God with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ashley (& Jake) I'm SO happy for you and little Carter!!! PRAISE GOD!!!! Hugs! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you know how I feel about this! I was a blubbering mess at church when they announced it! God truly is AMAZING!!! It also blesses me so much too as it shows me that our wonderful church family doesn't think us adopting Elijah was a mistake. Well, that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean...I hope. :-) SOOOOOO incredibly happy for you!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! SO HAPPY!!!! Carter, they're coming for ya! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!! So happy this is one less thing to worry about, as you go down the home stretch. It will start to feel surreal, if it hasn't started already. But it is the most amazing feeling in the world:) Nothing can match. I'm so honored to have been able to be a part of your journey. Thanks for inviting me. I'd love to be involved in your future endeavors to raise money for other adoptive families. So please keep me in mind. Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! God is amazing -- so happy for you and for Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ashley!!! Remember me?? Olivia's Mom... With all the insanity of the adoption I forgot to check in with you guys and look what I missed!! I'm so incredibly happy for you and Carter is so lucky to have you and Jake as his Mommy and Daddy! Congratulations on your amazing fundraiser! We're a few months behind you I think so we won't be there together:( I can't wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...