Thursday, March 20, 2014


We are HOME! Saturday night was our first sleep in the new digs.

Let me back up.  The movers came to unload everything on Friday, and Jake and I spent Saturday hauling a few more loads and getting everything settled in while Carter spent the day with my mom.

When we went to pick Carter up in the afternoon, it was obvious that he felt like crud.  Great.  First night in a new place, and dude is sick.  

Carter cried on and off during the ride home - completely not like him.  We told him we were going to the house and he cried some more.  He wanted his bed, and his jammies - and he didn't understand that those were now at the house.

More tears, more explaining, more tears, and two bummed parents.  

We finally made it home - Carter walked in the door, and instantly relaxed.  He was home.  It didn't matter that we were in a new place.  

Because we are his home.  

He was comfortable, because we were there.  He was home, because he was with us.  


After tucking our little buddy in his new bed, we did what anyone would do.  We made a pizza and some breadsticks, and went to bed early.

"This is weird - we're eating dinner - and nobody else is home!"

Remember those 7 months we spent living with Jake's fam?  It's almost like a distant memory now.  Almost.  :)

Sunday morning looked like this:

Coffee, jammies, books in laps - all done before church.

A little more unpacking on Sunday afternoon, and I was glad to see this little lady survived the move.

Then just more of this:

I mean, what do you want me to say?  Life is looking pretty good here.  Carter is back to normal (he was a bit of an animal at Mimi & Poppy's house - darting from one room to the next, never really settling to play with toys).  He finds a spot, grabs a toy, and does exactly what little boys are supposed to do.

It's good to be back to normal.  And it's good to eat plain tortillas.

It's Carter's newest love.  Whatever.


Our first days here haven't quite gone as expected.  We're all sick - so it's basically been survival-mode since Saturday.  Which means there are more things in boxes than I'd like.  

Oh well.

I'm good with it.  It's good to slow down.  It will get done when it gets done.

The bonus is that I've been reunited with my old childhood love: Little House on the Prairie.  It's on while Carter's at school, and since I hit the bed as soon as I drop him off, I've had three whole afternoons to get reacquainted with Laura and Willie and that nasty Mrs. Oleson.  She really gets me.

Carter's on day 4 of his antibiotic, and I'm on day 2.  Which means that tomorrow, we should all be feeling so much better.  I know, I know...antibiotics.  Not my favorite thing.  But sometimes it's necessary.  Or just bad timing - just hours after I started my antibiotic, my Young Living kit arrived at our old address.

Oh well.


That's all I've got.  Time for Little House.

One Thing I Know For Sure: There's no place like home!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So very happy for you guys! :-)

    Praying you all feel better very soon!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...