Friday, July 05, 2013

From Carter, With Love.

Hi, blog readers.  My mom asked me if I wanted to take over the blog today.  It's my dad's birthday.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to.  Then she told me I could have ice cream.

So here I am.


Do you know my dad?  He's pretty great.  He likes sports.  And fishing.  And being with me.  Oh, and he likes my mom, too.

Every day when he comes home from wherever he is all day, he wrestles me and makes me laugh.  Sometimes he wrestles me so much that I cry, but maybe I just cry to see if my mama will come running.

My mom tries really hard to make me laugh during the day, but she's just not that funny.

My dad also likes to take naps with me.  I don't nap anymore, so I don't know why we do this.  Maybe he just wants me to rest after a long day of driving my mom crazy playing.  I don't sleep.  I play a game on the ipad.  He sleeps, though.

Having a dad is pretty fun.  He doesn't tell me 'no' as much as my mom.  And if I smile at him just right, he'll give me almost anything.


Dad - Happy Birthday.  One year away from 30.  I heard you and mom talking the other night - you said that 29 doesn't look like you thought it would.  But it's good.  Oh so good.  

I hope this year is your best yet!  Who knows - maybe this year we'll get to move.  Or get a dog.

Or a kid.
Because, let's face it, mom could use some more work to do around here.  Like you always say - she just sits on the couch all day!

I love you, Dad.  You're the best, best, best.  And I'm not just saying that because you're my only dad.  Because, well....you're not.  But you are my favorite.

One Thing I Know For Sure: Dad, if we DO get a kid, can it be a boy one?

Love,
Your Best Bud




3 comments:

  1. Love the post...Happy Birthday Jake!!!We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell your dad happy birthday and even though we know mom doesnt sit on the couch it would be fun with a brother....or sister....or both:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...