Monday, June 03, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

That pretty much sums up Carter's little family party this past weekend.

I envisioned people lounging & laughing in the backyard while the birthday boy ran around and played with his toys, sneaking in hugs when he could.


And that's exactly what it was.  For about 20 minutes.  Then a storm developed.  Gifts were grabbed, tables carried, food moved...in the garage we went.

Boo for garage birthday parties.  I realize that 'normal' people would move the party into their house instead of their garage.  But not us.  Our house is too small.  Double boo.

Not exactly what I had planned...but so very grateful that we cleaned out our garage the day before :)

We have been working on blowing out candles since April.  I was so excited for him to show this off on his 5th birthday.


Did I get it on video?  No.

So let's just cut to the chase.  Carter ate lots of Elmo cake.


He gave his daddy lots of kisses.  (He always has a kiss for his daddy!)


He opened lots of great presents, and paused to check out each one.


And that's pretty much it.  His party in a nutshell.  

To say I was bummed would be an understatement.  Can you tell?  

So we were crammed in a humid, dark garage.  Which might have ruined most of my photos.  And it might have meant that Carter spent his party sitting at a table.  

But.  We were surrounded by those who love us and our little man the most.  And at the end of the day, isn't that what a birthday party is about?  Truth.  

One Thing I Know For Sure: Fifth Birthday Party = success.  Sort of.  

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Carter!!! Tell your mama all you really wanted was the cake anyway, so it's ok. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday! Too bad the storm caused a change in plans. This is my first time on your blog. I've come over from The Narretto Family and look forward to reading more about your family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...