Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Weekend Randoms

There's just not much to share in the way of updates.  We're just waiting on a travel date!  Be assured, as soon as I know - I'll share!

Our house has been a busy, busy place the past few weeks.  Busy doing what, you ask?  Preparing. Enjoying.  Contemplating.  Planning.

Preparing our home for a little one.  Finishing up those last minute odd-jobs around the house.

Enjoying the last few weeks of being D.I.N.K.S. (double-income-no-kids).  Savoring every movie night & quiet dinner.

Contemplating life, and what it will soon bring.  Praying prayers like "Lord - speak to Carter supernaturally.  Introduce us via his dreams.  Prepare him for his new life.  Love him thru someone else until we can get there".

Planning our next few weeks with great care & caution.  "Let's focus on this - not this."  and "We don't have time to do things like this - let's spend our time doing this instead.".

Busy, busy, busy.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I got the sweetest email from my Granny the other day.  It was sent moments after I posted the "we're submitted!!" post.

"Hip-Hip-Hurray
You're now well on your way
You will soon take that flight for the long-awaited stay
And bring Carter home for all of us to stay.
Great News.
Granny."

Love it.  Absolutely love it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Remember the family I posted about a week or so ago - the fundraising family?  And I said something like "go bid on items - but NOT the Fossil bag, that's MINE!".

Ha.

Well now it IS mine - because I won it!!  I never win anything...!!

So, if the size is right - it's going to be my travel bag :)

Hooray for winning unexpected things!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some people ask me why I blog.  There are a lot of reasons.  I started blogging about 3 months before we committed to Carter.  So it didn't start out as an adoption blog.  Don't bother going back and reading what I posted pre-Carter.  It would completely waste 2+ hours of your life.

When we committed to Carter, blogging was recommended.  It's a good way to inform family & friends about the process, and even possibly drum up some extra support from donors who check on Reece's Rainbow families.

But that's not why I blog.  I do it because I like to.  I do it to keep a keepsake of our journey - a journal of sorts.  I do it because it gives me another creative outlet (and once I finish teaching, I'll need all the creative outlets I can get!).

I plan to keep blogging after we get home.  About what...I don't know.  I guess I'll blog about whatever I feel like.

Because it's my blog, and I can do that :)

Thanks for following along and sharing in our journey!  I appreciate each and every one of you who take the time to read along!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyone else love weekends, or am I the only one?  A chance to totally rejuvenate - spend time with those you love most - and get a few things done.  We took FULL advantage of our Labor Day weekend...and avoided 'labor' as much as possible!  Lots of 'hanging out' with our favorite brother :)

Enjoy every moment, friends!

One Thing I Know For Sure: If you haven't already gone to purchase some Scentsy for the Prevost family - do it NOW!  



2 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, you have the cutest son and the cutest blog and I'm so excited to hear when your flight is! I'm trying to get our adoption blog up and running, but after spending several days on it, I still can't figure out how to make buttons like your "first time visitors" and "adoption timeline" buttons. I'm so challenged that way! :) How did you get them so we could click on it and have it take us to a different page? I know you are busy, but if you have the time, I'd appreciate the help!! Blessings, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren! I would LOVE to help you - I have so much fun doing that stuff! Email me and we'll chat! gibsons15@sbcglobal.net :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...