Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Birthday, Little Man...

So - today is Carter's 3rd birthday, and we had the sweetest little party yesterday...

Lots of books for his library, and love letters for his scrapbook...

Sweet treats...even sweeter family memories...

All day, it felt a little inappropriate to celebrate while the guest of honor is on the other side of the world...

But either way - his life deserves to be celebrated.

So celebrate, we did. 






Soda, people - not wine coolers....








My preschoolers made these rainbows,
and on the clouds, I wrote things that they wanted to say about Carter.










"Ohh Grandma Ann - if you want to drop one of those cookies...that would be just fine...
...we can make it look like an accident..."


We asked everyone to bring a book for Carter's library - look at all the super fun titles!






One Thing I Know For Sure:  We're going to keep on celebrating Carter's life, until Carter is HOME!


7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday sweet grandson of mine. This is your last birthday EVER in an orphange. Soon..and very soon..your mommy and daddy are coming to get you. OHHH what a day of celebration that will be. Your nursery is all set for you! I can hardly wait to see you playing with some of your daddy's toys from his childhood. I love you! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet Carter....can't wait to meet you and for you to feel the love of 2 amazing parents!! Oh and Ash I thought I was going to see bedroom pictures :(.....lol But really I want to see!!!!

    Juli (it won't let me sign in under my google??)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet baby boy! May this be the last you spend without your mama and daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sweet :) What Molly Said^^^ can't wait for a year from now when you guys are one complete family celebrating Carter's first birthday HOME! SO excited to see the first family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he doesnt know he already has so many people loving him, what a blessing must be !!

    felicidades :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I was teary right from the start of the post... but when I got to the words on the clouds from your preschoolers? DOWNPOUR! How amazing and sweet and touching and... I'm all out of adjectives! I think it's so awesome you celebrated his birthday... our family would like to send him a book as well. Can you email me your address? (carinsgriffith@gmail.com) Thanks! Hope the adoption process is going well! I can't wait to see him in your arms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea! Your party looks adorable. My husband and I are starting the process of adopting through Reeces Rainbow, hoping to adopt a little girl currently in Russia. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...