Tuesday, April 12, 2011

8 Years Ago Today.....

Eight years. 

Time goes so quickly, doesn't it?  A lot has happend in 8 years.  A lot. 

Life really started for us 8 years ago today.  It was our senior prom...you asked if we could 'date'...and I said yes!  So glad I finally (after 4 years) came around :)

Since then, life has been pretty eventful.....


I graduated from high school...


I got a job (which I still have today!)....


I got married to the coolest, funniest, most supportive, Godly man ever...


We bought a house...


We remodeled the house...


We 'grew' our family by adding a cat...


We learned lessons (some the hard way) about ministering in our church, and serving people....


We 'grew' our family adding a dog...(not just any dog, but Moses!)...


We remodeled the house some more....


We got rid of the cat....(hallelujah...can't say that we miss him, either...)...


You graduated from college...(woo!  I knew you could do it!!)...




We learned more lessons about serving people (some of these lessons don't come easy...!)....


Eight years.  And who would have ever thought....this.......






Not me either, babe.  Not me, either. 



"The Lord directs the steps of the Godly - He delights in every detail of their lives!  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand!"  Psalm 37:23-24



One Thing I Know For Sure:  In 8 years, our lives have changed a lot.  Life is about to change even more.  Glad to be walking it with you, babe. 


4 comments:

  1. My Sweet Wife,

    I am amazed at how quick 8 years has flown by. You will always be "my beautiful"! I am simply blessed by your love and passion to be a great wife and soon, oh so soon, a mommy!

    Love ya tons,

    Carter's Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations :) you seem like a beautiful couple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I sent you a friend request on FB :-) We are an adoptive family (blessed twice by domestic adoption) living in Oshkosh. I found your blog while looking at RR....small world. I wanted to introduce myself, I'm Jacklyn Brubaker. I am very excited for your family! Adoption is such a joy and gift!!! I look forward to following your journey.

    Blessings,
    Jacklyn

    PS. My family would love to meet your family. I hope that's not too weird. I go to MOPS with Rebekah Lehman. I'm pretty sure she'll vouch that I'm a normal adoptive mommy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley this is so beautiful!!!..I am so glad that we were able to grow up together for so many years!...I was so Blessed to have you and your family!
    Love ya Always
    Biz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...