Monday, February 14, 2011

'Love'




Happy Valentines Day - kind of a fun 'holiday', isn't it?  Being a preschool teacher, I take full joy in the little things - passing out Valentines with handwritten names barely legible, practicing how to draw a heart (not an easy task for a 3 year old!), hugs that say "I love you - thanks for taking care of me", and even enjoying pink strawberry milk.  Nothing better.  This is what they know of love.  It's the warm fuzzies of life. 

But, is that love?

Sure, maybe in it's purest, simplest form.  But the love I'm after is so much more complex.  The love I'm looking for is so much more than hugs and strawberry milk.  It might not even be possible to fully comprehend.

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.  Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us!"  Romans 5: 7-9

Amazing!  While I was still filthy, enjoying my sin - Christ laid down His life for ME.  He loves me that much.  Can you grasp that?  Can you fully understand that?  I can't.  I won't.  It's too deep - to wide - to full for my small human brain to know.

On this day of love...would you just sit - quietly - and listen?  Would you just be still and thank God for the ways that He loves us?  The ways that He loves you?




One Thing I Know For Sure: All ya' need is love

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...