Monday, October 19, 2015

On Six Months.

I know, little girl.  I know you turned seven months over a week ago.

The truth is, I started this post just before you turned 6 months.  I never finished it, so here I am today - one month late.

Such is the life of the second born.

#sorrynotsorry

I can't find the words to sum up the past 7 months.  I'll just tell you what we tell everyone.

You are the happiest, easiest baby on the planet.


Even when you're fussy, you're happy.

You really just want to be seen & noticed & validated.  Little exhorter.

Long overdue for food or nap?  All we have to do is look at you and smile.  You will laugh, and it will buy us at least 5 more minutes.

You adore your big brother.  You laugh hysterically when he notices you.  Maybe you understand that he doesn't notice everyone, so when he does it's pretty awesome.  When he comes in to give you a kiss, you grab at whatever you can (ears and hair are all fair game) in hopes of holding him closer for a little bit longer.

You love worship music.  I pray you have all the musicality that your Mama lacks.


You are so close to crawling.  You rock on your hands and knees, and you can army crawl across the room.  When set down by your baby toys, you bypass all of them and head straight for Carter's matchbox cars and 'donna truck' and train whistle.

Your hair has the prettiest red tint, and when I look at it I wonder what you'll think about it when you're 14 - standing in front of the mirror.  Whether it's red or brown, curly or straight, long or short - embrace it.  I pray you embrace it.

I pray you embrace your uniqueness, whatever it is.  You've already shown us that you like to rough house and wrestle with the big boys.  Embrace that.  Want to wear pink sparkle leggings, too?  Awesome.  Rock that, girl.


Your first six seven months of life have been perfect.  Everyone tells us we will pay for this when you're a teen.  I don't think it has to be this way.  Mmmkay?

Love you, baby girl.  We are so thankful for the sunshine you bring to our lives.

One Thing I Know For Sure: Seven months of pure joy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...