Monday, February 09, 2015

Showered, Again :)

Shower Number Two is in the books.  I just took down the cute banner and ate the last adorable mitten cookie - so I suppose a blog post is in order.


All of my family came to my house for this 'Baby It's Cold Outside' themed morning.


No surprise that everything was perfect and sweet and precious...


...right down to a new 'Baby It's Cold Outside' mug for my pre-shower coffee fix!


We had a delicious brunch (my favorite meal of the day!) with lots of sweet treats :)


We all guessed Baby M's arrival date....


....see my guess?  Her due date is March 9.  We shall see!


Everyone decorated a block with scrapbook paper, stickers, and mod podge!  Such a fun, meaningful keepsake for Baby M!



This picture.  Cracks me right up.

I don't know what I'm saying, but I know what I'm feeling.

Love.  Lots and lots and lots of love.


Some ladies traveled quite a distance to get here.  How did we get so lucky?


After opening all these sweet gifts, I can say that we are SET.  There is nothing else we need.  There isn't even anything else we WANT.  We have more, more, more than we could have ever expected.


I even got a gift from Carter and Jake :)


After flipping through all these photos, I notice lots of things.
My round belly, full with a little lady who will soon enter this great big world.
Thoughtful, sweet, meaningful gifts - given with such love.
Weird, weird facial expressions from the mommy opening the gifts.

You guys.  I make the weirdest faces.


Do I make these faces all the time, or just when opening gifts?  What the what?

+++++++++

M's clothes are washed and ready for her.  And they're, of course, organized by size and type :)


Blankets, bibs, burp cloths - all washed and ready.
Hospital bags are mostly packed.
Prenatal classes are finished.
Swing is set up, sleeper and carseats will be prepped this week.

What's left?

Waiting.  Lots of waiting.  About four weeks of waiting, actually.

As we get closer, it's fun to think about when it will happen.  Will I feel those first contractions in the middle of the night, or some morning as I'm making Carter's breakfast?  What will the weather be like that day?  Will it be a school day, or a weekend?

I bought shampoo and conditioner the other day, and I thought "This is probably the last time I will buy shampoo and conditioner before the baby comes!".  Silly, I know - but it made me realize that she's coming.

Soon.

One Thing I Know For Sure: Eeeek!

3 comments:

  1. How fun!!! And those fun faces....love them! Can not wait to meet little miss M!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Looks like a beautiful day! Can I guess the 4th? Then Grace will have a birthday buddy. Plus it's super easy to remember, although you won't have that problem like I do. :-)

    Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so blessed! Loved the building blocks idea. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...