Monday, March 07, 2011

30 Days of Photos - Day 7

A Photo of Your Most Treasured Item....

Again, couldn't choose just one! 

This is a memory box that my mom made of all of our special wedding things.  It's hanging by our front door, and inside it is...my necklace, bracelet, & earrings, my veil, our cake utensils, a wedding invitation, some flower petals from my boquet, a favor box (which held chocolates? if I remember correctly!  I can guarantee that my mom would know the answer to this!!), and the handkercheif that my grandma used when she walked down the aisle, which I also used. 
Pretty sweet, huh?  So, many of my most treasured items are inside this box!


YES - this is a candy thermometer.  YES - I know how to use it!  My Grannie gave it to me for Christmas in 2009.  I had mentioned that I needed one, so I thought that she would buy me my own.  Well, she did one better - she gave me hers, which she has used over many years.  I wonder how many times this has been used with love, to make a treat for someone else? 


My Grannie's wedding band!  I don't wear it much, I'm too scared it will fall off!  And yes, I'm wearing it on my pinkie finger.  She was ridiculously tiny.  I won't tell you what size her wedding dress was......  :)


My wedding ring!  The diamond is a 'family stone' from Jake's family. 
Ben has one too, to give to his lucky lady someday :)


My Gigi's recipe for Potato Dumplings. 
Handwritten by my Gigi, given to me by my great aunt after my Gigi had passed away. 


My Bible.  Tattered, torn, cover eaten (Yes, eaten.  The accused shall remain nameless.).  I purchased this Bible in high school, because I wanted to 'dig deeper'.  I have a new Bible now (because most of Genesis was eaten along with the cover...!), and it's just not the same as my old one.  There's something about the pages of this Bible - they have been with me on the mountaintops and through the valleys.  Favorite words are highlighted, revelations are scribbled in the margins, and some of the pages are stained with tears. 
Now, that's a treasure!
Please don't get me wrong - it's not the things that I'm gushing about.  It's the memories!  The blessings!  The heritage passed down to me!  Pretty amazing stuff. 


One Thing I Know For Sure: I could have listed so much more!  Do you know what that tells me? I have sooooo much to be thankful for.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...